Skip to main content

Teaching English to IMRAN HUSSIAN with passion VENKATACHALAM SALEM

Teaching English to a sincere student IMRAN HUSSAIN


Friends,

 Let me narrate my experience teaching a poem to a college student in 2014.

Nostalgia !!

Five years ago, a college student IMRAN HUSSIAN joined with me for English classes at my home.

He told that he was studying in SALEM ARTS college and that he has arrears in ENGLISH PAPER and sought my support.

I said that I am a SPECIAL ENGLISH TRAINER and I have an unique COURSE MATERIAL and will NOT TOUCH his college stuff. And if he agrees to that condition, then I will take classes for him.

HE SAID "YES" AND PAID THE FEES AND JOINED MY CLASSES IMMEDIATELY.

He was a very sincere student, with lot of Guru bhakthi or high respects to the teacher. If i ask him to come at 7.30am, for the class, he will be there at 7.15pm. Acknowledging his genuine interest, i decided to start the class a bit early, at 7.15pm. But then this guy was there by 7am. He was much interested.

Hence, I told him point blank. "Hey, I need time to get ready. Hereafter, if you come early,  you should wait." He obeyed me, came early and patiently waited.

I took classes for him with great interest and involvement. I think i took classes for him for 4 months, getting about a lump amount per month. He was an obedient and prompt student.

One day, I enquired, "HEY, WHEN IS YOUR SEMESTER EXAM STARTING. PLEASE BRING YOUR COLLEGE ENGLISH TEXT BOOK OR MATERIALS. LET ME SEE WHETHER I CAN TAKE A FEW LESSONS FROM THAT.

He said a date that was only 45 days after that day.  He brought the material that had about 8 prose and 5 poems or so.

I said that since there is not enough time,  i will take only 3 lessons and 3 poems. If he his lucky, he may clear the arrears in this appearance. If not, he may come for English training for the next 6 months and I will teach some more lessons at a SUBSIDIZED FEES.

He brought and gave me a 20 pages xeroxed notes. He told his professor gave a copy of this and asked all the students to duplicate or xerox it.

From that I picked a poem, "SOLITARY REAPER" and started with the ERC. I told that it is the equivalent of the Tamil edam chutti poru velakku.  (இடம் சுட்டி பொருள் விளக்கு).

Then I said :

"Ok you give me the full poem text, since it was my memory poem in my school days, I can very easily teach the whole poem. After that, any two lines they pick for thw ERC you will be able to answer with full justification in the exam.

He calmly said, "SIR, THEY GAVE US ONLY THESE 20 PAGES AND ASKED US TO DUPLICATE AND STUDY FROM THAT FOR THE EXAM."

I got a bit angry and explained to him controlling my anger,... "HEY, HERE THEY HAD GIVEN ONLY SOME SELECTED LINES FROM THE POEM. PLEASE BRING ME THE WHOLE POEM, I WILL TEACH IT. AND IN ONE ATTEMPT OUR JOB IS OVER."

He calmly repeated like a parrot that they were given only the 20 pages notes and that is it.  I got wild and shouted and cursed the college professors who were not even giving a copy of this fantastic poem of WILLIAM WORDSWORTH to the students.  Eventually I calmed down.

I remembered that the old English books of my daughters had this poem. They were in the raft, I said that I will search for them and help him the next day. I luckily located a book containing the poem. In one go ....extempore, I read out the poem and explained it in my bilingual style.

The audio was recorded "live" and updated in my YOUTUBE CHANNEL as a video with TEXT ADDED.

Luckily, the poem and lessons that I taught came in his semester exam and he cleared the English Paper.

I called this guy, IMRAN HUSSIAN a few months ago and made him tell about my TEACHING SKILLS in 2014.

👇
LINKS BELOW : 

Part 1 .. Feedback from Imran Hussian


(4:00)

Part 2 .. Feedback from Imran Hussian


(6:54)

Part 3 .. Feedback from Imran Hussian


(5:35)

The poem SOLITARY REAPER taught by me -- a live class audio recording


(6:06)

Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam
Global Tamil Based English Trainer
Salem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIRD'S EYE VIEW of Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam's work 2019

BIRDS EYE VIEW OF EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM S WORK நல்வரவு - Welcome  நண்பரே, ஆங்கிலம் கற்க உதவும் மற்றும் நம் வாழ்க்கையை மேம்படுத்த உதவும் பல தகவல்கள் ஒரு  பறவை பார்வையில்.     English Training through Tamil Join Online English classes வா ட்ஸ் அப் (WhatsApp) மூலம் கட்டணம் செலுத்தி தனிப்பட்ட ஆங்கில பயிற்சி எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாம். /   Friends, a good collection of VIDEOS AND TEXT for ENGLISH IMPROVEMENT and PERSONALITY IMPROVEMENT. A BIRD'S EYE VIEW  (2019)/3 (*) English through Tamil Movie Reviews /  சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள் வழி ஆங்கிலத்தை மேம்படுத்த  .   01 English through - 9 LESSON VIDEOS   _ English Training.. 9 videos 9 ஆங்கில வீடியோக்கள் .. Live class to 3rd standard kids   /  3 ~ஆம்  வகுப்பிற்கு ஜாலியாக ஆங்கில வகுப்பு    .. 02 ENGLISH through - Translations  ....English Training.. text 1    / மொழிபெயர்ப்பு வழியே ஆங்கிலம் கற்க . .... English Training.. text  2    / மென்திறன் மேம்பாடு பற்றிய கட்டுரைகள் (சாப்ட். ஸ்கில்ஸ்)  03 Personality Development / soft skills .. [VIDEOS

Online English training 2020 Venkatachalam Salem

ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES through Tamil  [VOICE ONLY] தமிழ்  வழியே  ஆன்லைன் ஆங்கில பயிற்சியில் சேர  NEW ADMISSIONS TEXT ONLY FIRST -- WhatsApp TEXT to  995266 0402 10 July 2023, Onwards . One to One training -  Hundreds have benefited  -  Offline whatsapp grammar corrections also available  -  Unique friendly approach  -  Different styles for different types of people- AUDIO ONLY  சுருக்கமாக ...     எனக்கு முதலில் ரூபாய் xyz #   ( கீழே பார்க்கவும் )  பணம் அனுப்பி விட்டு ... ஒரு எளிய டெஸ்டை ஃபோன் வழியே எழுத வேண்டும்...    Entrance Test Charges Rs.250   [Advance payment]  --  [20 minutes approximately] ஒரு எளிய ஆன்லைன் நுழைவுத் தேர்விற்கு பிறகு தான்  கிளாஸ்    எடுக்கப்படும்.  [தேர்வு நேரம் சுமார் 20 நிமிடங்கள்]   நுழைவு  தேர்வு கட்டணம் ரூ.250 (€€)  [முன் பணம்] விரிவாக :    1) முதலில் என் பேங்க் அகௌண்டிற்கு / Gpay --  ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST FEES --  ரூ.XYZ (#)  பணம்  அனுப்பவும் (கீழே பார்க்க) -- 861080 2637 --  என்ற ஃபோனுக்கு--  Gpay -- மூலமும் பணம் அனுப்பலாம். 2) என்னிடம் இருந்து உங்

MOVIE REVIEW menu // English through Tamil Ezhilarasan

MOVIE REVIEW Translation MENU 2018 ENGLISH TRAINING THROUGH TAMIL MENU for MOVIE REVIEW LINKS 2018 ..  . Online English classes  . இளைஞர்களே,  தமிழ் சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள், சினிமா பாடல் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு முதலியவை வழியே  --  உங்கள்  ஆங்கிலத்தை பட்டை தீட்ட  --  இதோ மேலும்   ஒரு லிங்க் தொகுப்பு  எழிலரசன்   வெங்கடாசலம் =॥=॥  Friends,  A collection of my ENGLISH IMPROVEMENT aiding content relating to Tamil movies .   --   LINKS BELOW படம் .. தோழா   ** THOZHA ... Tamil movie impressions படம் .. அறம் .. விமர்சனம்   ** ARAM - Tamil movie review படம்..மொழி ** Mozhi ... a good Tamil movie ... my impressions படம்..மொழி ** Mozhi ... a good Tamil movie . translation படம்..காகா முட்டை .- விமர்சனம் **  KAKA MUTTAI  Movie Review (FULL EASY) படம்.. மாஹான் கணக்கு ** Maahan Kanakku  ... impressions படம்.. பசங்க 2 Pasanga 2.html   படம்.. கோலமாவு கோகிலா  - comments Kolamavu kokila - Review Like  - CHIYANGAL - சியான்கள் TAMIL MOVIE REVIEW  CHIYANGAL - TAMIL MOVIE REVIEW - Uthavikku va