Skip to main content

My travelling experience to GRMATRIC village school 2018 Venkatachalam Salem

Diary for all - village school working and travelling experience 

My Working for 33 days in a village school as a special teacher / resource person
..


TRANSLATION 2 
*
I worked for about 33 days in a village school 15 kms from Salem. I worked there between January 15, 2018 and March 15, 2018 about 3 days a week. Daily I worked 2.5 hours in a village school G.R.MATRICULATION,  Muthunaicken patty. However, from morning 9.30am to 4pm, I was engaged.

It was an unforgettable and enjoyable experience.

I should thank the correspondent Mr.G.R.Narayanan for giving me the opportunity and hundred percent freedom to experiment my unique bilingual strategy for the school kids.

In my first meet, I impressed the correspondent, Mr. G.R. Narayanan by my  open talk. After hearing three of my youtube videos uninterruptedly, he was convinced about my talents.

However, he was very reluctant to allow me to work there. I think to test my patience he sarcastically talked about many marketing people who come there often and meet him. He said, "They say they have English teaching videos in YOUTUBE. Then they install some package in the computer and do some demo and insist for huge money".

He said the students got negligible benefit from those type of people. And added that it did not fulfil their requirements at all.

He said, since it was a village school, they charged very less amount as fees. Hence, told me that he can not pay me much. However, I insisted to work there, not taking money alone as the criterion.

Of course, daily it was a dare devil travelling experience in the town bus. With great alertness and mental stamina, I travelled in the public transport using my walking stick and a one foot long banian loop.

Then my brother was retired and at home. Daily he used to drop me at Chatram Bus Stop near my house at 9.30 am. Immediately I will set an alarm in my mobile.  Just 5 minutes before the bus time, as soon as my alarm  beeps, I will move out of the shade and cross the road and wait for my bus in the sunlight.  There I will be ready like an ASTRONAUT boarding a SPACE CRAFT,  alert and pacing up and down the road.

One route bus NO.8 (SANTHI) will come there at jet speed. With meticulously calculated steps -- both in timing and speed,  I will walk up to the bus. When the hang rails of the bus steps are within my reach, I will hang my walking stick in my banian loop cloth in my right hand and board the bus in a fraction of a second. I will not try to board or get down from the bus until it comes to a standstill. Or else I will ask for it.

At the beginning, the conductor used to arrange a seat for me.  But after a few days, he observed how comfortable I was moving inside the speeding bus. Therefore, his scare that I may get injured vanished and he considered me just like any other able-bodied passenger.

From Chatram bus stop, the bus will travel for about 45 minutes to reach my school bus stop. The first 30 minutes will be in the hectic city traffic. It will go via Salem Junction, then take a right turn and then an "U turn" to reach the Steel Plant Road. Then after about 30 minutes, it will make a perpendicular right turn at the  Muthunaiken patti approach road.

As soon as the bus enters the road,  the environment will change. I will get the pleasant smell of the damp fields on both sides of the road. And cool breeze will be coming into the bus. Of course, most of the people on the bus will be village guys. I used to calmly enjoy everything going around me.

The bus will be snaking its way at good speed. My stop is just before the terminus. After about 15 minutes travel in this road, it will cross a Petrol Station. My stop for the G.R.Matriculation school will be a few stops away. Immediately, I will stand up, utilizing a small lift or jolt in the bump in the road.  I will stand for a while to ensure that my leg muscles relax a bit and cooperate when I get down.

Of course, immediately I will hang my walking stick in the banian loop cloth. As my bus stop approaches, I will casually and confidently move to the front entrance of the bus. The driver should be able to see me and cooperate too.

In the meanwhile many "newcomers" in the bus will be amazed to see me moving around very confidently in a fast moving bus, with a dangling walking stick in my shoulder. Some will offer to help me.  However, I will have to politely say "I am comfortable, please don't worry".

When the bus had almost my stop, in spite of the conductor's warning, I will start climbing down the steps and get reqdy to get down.

The bus will stop only for a second or two. And we are expected to get down in that time slot. Or else they will start scolding the passengers. After a few days the bus driver and conductor came to know that I am working a a teacher in a school, they offered to provide a special stop for me near the school. But I never insisted for it. I will have to walk about 6 minutes to reach the school say about 11am.

Daily I took there classes for 2.5 hours generally between 11.30am and 2.45pm.  Then i will rush back by 3pm to catch the same bus on its trip back.

More ... about what happened "inside the school" later.

Post Script :

Around January 2018, I suddenly got some funds from LIC. I decided to payback at least 1/3 rd of the funds that friend, Sabarinathan gave me to restart my English. But in spite of my repeated reminders, he never replied to my messages. Sabarinathan's "silence" gave me tremendous energy to venture out to the village school at MUTHU Naickenpatty. I AM INDEBTED TO SABARINATHAN.

Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam
Online English Trainer
Salem 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIRD'S EYE VIEW of Ezhilarasan Venkatachalam's work 2019

BIRDS EYE VIEW OF EZHILARASAN VENKATACHALAM S WORK நல்வரவு - Welcome  நண்பரே, ஆங்கிலம் கற்க உதவும் மற்றும் நம் வாழ்க்கையை மேம்படுத்த உதவும் பல தகவல்கள் ஒரு  பறவை பார்வையில்.     English Training through Tamil Join Online English classes வா ட்ஸ் அப் (WhatsApp) மூலம் கட்டணம் செலுத்தி தனிப்பட்ட ஆங்கில பயிற்சி எடுத்துக் கொள்ளலாம். /   Friends, a good collection of VIDEOS AND TEXT for ENGLISH IMPROVEMENT and PERSONALITY IMPROVEMENT. A BIRD'S EYE VIEW  (2019)/3 (*) English through Tamil Movie Reviews /  சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள் வழி ஆங்கிலத்தை மேம்படுத்த  .   01 English through - 9 LESSON VIDEOS   _ English Training.. 9 videos 9 ஆங்கில வீடியோக்கள் .. Live class to 3rd standard kids   /  3 ~ஆம்  வகுப்பிற்கு ஜாலியாக ஆங்கில வகுப்பு    .. 02 ENGLISH through - Translations  ....English Training.. text 1    / மொழிபெயர்ப்பு வழியே ஆங்கிலம் கற்க . .... English Training.. text  2    / மென்திறன் மேம்பாடு பற்றிய கட்டுரைகள் (சாப்ட். ஸ்கில்ஸ்)  03 Personality Development / soft skills .. [VIDEOS

Online English training 2020 Venkatachalam Salem

ONLINE ENGLISH CLASSES through Tamil  [VOICE ONLY] தமிழ்  வழியே  ஆன்லைன் ஆங்கில பயிற்சியில் சேர  NEW ADMISSIONS TEXT ONLY FIRST -- WhatsApp TEXT to  995266 0402 10 July 2023, Onwards . One to One training -  Hundreds have benefited  -  Offline whatsapp grammar corrections also available  -  Unique friendly approach  -  Different styles for different types of people- AUDIO ONLY  சுருக்கமாக ...     எனக்கு முதலில் ரூபாய் xyz #   ( கீழே பார்க்கவும் )  பணம் அனுப்பி விட்டு ... ஒரு எளிய டெஸ்டை ஃபோன் வழியே எழுத வேண்டும்...    Entrance Test Charges Rs.250   [Advance payment]  --  [20 minutes approximately] ஒரு எளிய ஆன்லைன் நுழைவுத் தேர்விற்கு பிறகு தான்  கிளாஸ்    எடுக்கப்படும்.  [தேர்வு நேரம் சுமார் 20 நிமிடங்கள்]   நுழைவு  தேர்வு கட்டணம் ரூ.250 (€€)  [முன் பணம்] விரிவாக :    1) முதலில் என் பேங்க் அகௌண்டிற்கு / Gpay --  ONLINE ENTRANCE TEST FEES --  ரூ.XYZ (#)  பணம்  அனுப்பவும் (கீழே பார்க்க) -- 861080 2637 --  என்ற ஃபோனுக்கு--  Gpay -- மூலமும் பணம் அனுப்பலாம். 2) என்னிடம் இருந்து உங்

MOVIE REVIEW menu // English through Tamil Ezhilarasan

MOVIE REVIEW Translation MENU 2018 ENGLISH TRAINING THROUGH TAMIL MENU for MOVIE REVIEW LINKS 2018 ..  . Online English classes  . இளைஞர்களே,  தமிழ் சினிமா விமர்சனங்கள், சினிமா பாடல் மொழிபெயர்ப்பு முதலியவை வழியே  --  உங்கள்  ஆங்கிலத்தை பட்டை தீட்ட  --  இதோ மேலும்   ஒரு லிங்க் தொகுப்பு  எழிலரசன்   வெங்கடாசலம் =॥=॥  Friends,  A collection of my ENGLISH IMPROVEMENT aiding content relating to Tamil movies .   --   LINKS BELOW படம் .. தோழா   ** THOZHA ... Tamil movie impressions படம் .. அறம் .. விமர்சனம்   ** ARAM - Tamil movie review படம்..மொழி ** Mozhi ... a good Tamil movie ... my impressions படம்..மொழி ** Mozhi ... a good Tamil movie . translation படம்..காகா முட்டை .- விமர்சனம் **  KAKA MUTTAI  Movie Review (FULL EASY) படம்.. மாஹான் கணக்கு ** Maahan Kanakku  ... impressions படம்.. பசங்க 2 Pasanga 2.html   படம்.. கோலமாவு கோகிலா  - comments Kolamavu kokila - Review Like  - CHIYANGAL - சியான்கள் TAMIL MOVIE REVIEW  CHIYANGAL - TAMIL MOVIE REVIEW - Uthavikku va